Thursday, July 23, 2009

Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up...

Will (3) wakes up screaming at 3:00am last night and yells for "Moooooooommmmmyyy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mooooooooommmmmmmmmmmyyyyy." I walk in and say "hey, buddy, why are you crying?" He gets out of bed and says "I'm not crying, Mommy. I just had a moment."

Sophie (4 now) was in her harness car seat and tells her dad that she has to go potty. Perfect Jeff tells her to "hold it." She says, "I can't dad.... the seat belt is in the way."

Jacob (8 or maybe 9 but looks 12) is going to Disney World in October and is looking at the Epcot stuff. He proceeds to tell his mom that he does not want to go to Japan because he is still upset that they bombed us on that nice Sunday morning.

I take Will into the bathroom to go potty, help him get his pants down and he sits on the seat and says "Mommy, I need some privacy." Nice... I haven't peed alone in over three years... but you have some privacy little man, right up til you need me to wipe your butt!

I am laying in bed with Will one night doing our bedtime routine and I tell him that its time for me to leave, so no screaming or getting out of bed because he would wake up Jack. And Will says "and then he'd cry like a little girl?"

I was watching a youtube video of a horrifically, insanely ignorant religious group who changed the words to "We Are the World" to "God Hates the World" and sang about how much God hated gay people. Will walks over and says "I love those people, Mama. Do you love them?" I say no and explain that they just make me really sad because they hate people for no reason at all. Will says, "I am going to love them anyway because maybe that will make them better." Maybe, Buddy. Maybe.

7 comments:

Tuffy said...

Sophie and Jacob? Do I have nieces and nephews I don't know about?


captcha: skeane

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

Hey, kids don't have to be related to us to be funny. Even kids outside our family are funny.

Anonymous said...

Love it-- ALL! Especially the seatbelt in the way! :~D HELLO, Dad!!!

Anonymous said...

We do know some brilliant and funny kids.

Can Jacob call you Auntie Lynn and Unkie Mike???

Laura the Famous

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

Flo - Seriously... you'd think Jeff would have known that.

Laura - Uh... how about Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Tufano. We like to be formal in our family.

Roxane said...

I love will...what a little loverboy!

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

Momo-Mama - Seriously, could he be any cuter?!?!?!