Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ode to U-verse 2

Hello Folks,

I am writing to let you know that I might not be around for awhile. (Single tear). I have broken off my love affair with Dominic of AT&T's U-verse... or U-Suck, as I like to call it. Our systems (phone, TV and satellite) all died 5 hours after Dommy brought it back up. Poor AT&T then felt the wrath of Lynn, and if you know me, you know that was pretty harsh. They then sent their "best guy" out yesterday who fixed it all. If I would have had time, I would have written out my feelings for him, too. "Dear Gary, How do I love thee... let me count the ways." Well, Gary, our system died again yesterday four hours after you left. I am not lovin' you anymore, Gar! Then the wonderfully responsive people at AT&T (thick layer of sarcasm) scheduled another technician to come out today between 12 and 4, and its 6:34p and we're still waiting. (OK, we aren't waiting. We are at my parents' house for dinner, which is how I am blogging right now). They do not have U-verse therefore we are currently surrounded by TV, Internet and phones. I don't wanna go home to my practically Amish abode. I feel like I am going to have to churn my own butter soon! Thank God AT&T doesn't run our electricity!

So, tomorrow I am calling crap central to let them know that I am no longer interested in having U-verse. Or, really, I am no longer interested in paying for U-verse to not give me phone, Internet and TV. So, until I get my home up and technology filled, this blog will be dead air. Stick with me though! I am working to get it done ASAP so keep checking, because there will surely be a sonnet for DirecTV or Bright House as soon as they install their wares!

Thanks!!! And see you soon (I hope),
Lynn

4 comments:

TexInTheCity said...

Oh no! Not churning your own butter!
DirecTv with TiVo saved my relationship. BEST INVENTION EVER.

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

Tex,

So far I have decided that AT&T is trying to purposefully drive me to insanity a la Adam Chandler and Erika Kane in the 80s episodes of All My Children. We finally have tv, thanks to Dish Network, phone barely thanks to AT&T and rumor has it we get internet back Monday. Thank god, because the withdrawals are lethal!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

It could be worse - we have Mediacom for phone, internet and cable TV - and have frequent times when all service stops. Grrrr! Found your blog tonight and will share a comment in response to your Will and Jack post but anxious to sew right now. My kids are grown and gone but I know fairly well what you are thinking. Since I am a good deal older than you, I have reached Domestic Goddess alumnae status. :-)

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

Sandi,

Thanks for reading! I always look forward to learning from experienced Domestic Goddesses!