1. Just because the future President is walking out to be inaugurated doesn't mean a two year old won't spread Christmas ornaments all over the upstairs of your house.
2. Dogs are smarter than people, because when said two year old is running around the house screaming about how they just spread Christmas ornaments far and wide... the dogs hide.
3. Toddlers poop... whether or not Barack Obama is making a historical speech.
4. Wearing a ponytail for the first time makes you feel strangely perky, and therefore more interested in The Real Housewives of Orange County than the inauguration coverage. (Don't worry... only flipping during commercials as pink extensions counteract the danger of a perky ponytail).
5. While I am overwhelmed by the historical significance of the day... Mark still has the ability to make me gag over his opinion (see comments in case you can't understand this one). Glad to be alive??? BAAAAARRRRRFFFFF.
6. You can only get away with watching so much ABC before your toddler makes you switch it to Max and Ruby.
7. Even if you tell your toddler that the new President of the United States commanded that he be quiet while Jack is sleeping, the toddler will still scream in your face.
8. If you get distracted by the news coverage, your two year old will take that opportunity to spill his chocolate milk all over the homework table so that he can have a "mud puddle" for his trucks.