Thursday, April 9, 2009

At least he still has a job...

I don't worry about much outside of my own house. Sad, but true. I think in child development its called the Egocentric stage, and I just think I never grew out of it. I hear about economic downturns and whatnot, but I don't do stocks, so I ignore it. Can't fix it... why worry? But, yesterday it hit home.

Luckily, Mark is still employed. If not... we would be up that proverbial creek without the much needed paddle. God knows, I don't make no money... so Mark better bring home the bacon... and the electric bill... and the rest of the groceries... and the mortgage payment and so on. Its amazing how much he needs to bring home! He better get a bigger car! Oh wait... bad economy... can't get one. Yesterday his company announced that they had the worst quarter in the history of computer company quarters and they are decreasing everyone's salary by 10 percent to make up for it. So, Hello Economic Crisis, my name is Lynn. Nice to meet you.

I am so thrilled that his company took this approach as opposed to laying people off. Everyone can hurt a little instead of someone hurting a whole, whole lot. But still... what are we going to do about this mess? Mark and I (and kids) should be fine... but when will it end? I have decided to step out of my cocoon and join the real world (not on MTV, but the really real one) and worry about this now. And here's what I decided... let's fix it!

Really... someone out there ought to be smart enough to know what to do. I can't balance a checkbook, so its not going to be me... but surely someone can. What did they do to end the Great Depression? What about the folks at Prada or Dolce and Gabbana? They somehow get people to fork out hundreds for a purse that they could get for $30 if the name was different, so why not put them in charge of our financial mess. Or, even better... what marketing people? My all male, almost 3 year old son is obsessed with getting PJ Sparkles dolls. Have the PJ Sparkles people fix the economy! They are brilliant. Or, better yet... the bloggers of the world. We are smart, witty and fabulous. Anyone have any ideas? Let's put aside our snark for a day and fix the world! Who's with me? Hello? Is this thing on?

2 comments:

Mark said...

I don't make no money?? You are going to get your grammar crown revoked with that sentence.

metamorphstorm said...

My boyfriend is a coal miner, so his job is dependent on the price of coal.

It's not a safe job, so part of me wants the economy to take a few hard hits sometimes...