Ok, so a chick I know on Facebook had a really good comment today. She said that if she wanted to move to Seattle, she would have. Having to endure their weather while still living in Indianapolis....well... sucks. So, that inspired me to wax poetic on why I am sick of the goll darn rain.
10. I can no longer see my dog through the grass and weeds in the yard. No, not the beagle... the BIG one.
9. My Chi hair straightener is dusty, as there is no point to taming my mane if I am just going to channel Diana Ross through my follicles the second I step outside.
8. My family will succumb to the dangers of vitamin D deficiency far quicker than we get the Pig Flu.
7. My cleaning service came yesterday and my floor is already caked with mud in various footprint patterns... none of which are of the "Jesus is carrying you" persuasion.
6. You have to pair your cute new summer shorts and capris with hip waders to get through the puddles in one piece.
5. Love to all the Canadians out there... but your geese. Your GEESE! They are strutting through my neighborhood like they just won the war against the humans for our subdivision. I think the whole world feels like a lake these days and they are on their way to total domination.
4. The local meteorologists have nothing to say since the forecast is for clouds and rain, followed by rain and clouds, followed by clouds and rain. Pretty soon they will be reduced to pulling the daily lotto numbers for lack of anything better to do.
3. My utilities will be cut off and my home foreclosed on because any mail (including bills) disintegrates into mush the second you open the mailbox and even a Jamaican-speed sprint back to the house is fruitless.
2. Will and Jack have become nocturnal because day doesn't look any different from night, so how are they supposed to know when to sleep and when to be awake?
1. I can't even get outside to work on the ark because its too damn rainy for construction work.
All of this makes me wonder... if April showers bring May flowers... why in God's name is it still raining??????? Happy friggin' May Day!